GRAND TOTAL AS OF WEDNESDAY: $8100! WE ARE SO CLOSE TO OUR GOAL!
*UPDATE* The RBL Reception, open to all participants/givers/families will be Sat June 11th at 6pm. Winners revealed at 6:30pm. They'll be door prizes, snacks, a fun activity for the kids and a festival on Main Street. Please make plans to join us! We will also take a photo with a giant check with the kids for the local paper.
Benefitting the Bryan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at GHS Children's Hospital
“Rescued by Love is my thank you for what the Lord has done…for our hearts, and for our little girl. How he’s given us eternal life, as well as an earthly life to share with her." -Tiffiney The time has come, voting is OPEN UNTIL MONDAY THE 6TH! Here's the plan. We've had just over 100 individual children participate. If each child can raise $100 we will for sure meet our $10,000 for the NICU goal!
THE PRIZE: If collectively we hit $10,000 I will give EVERY participant a disk printable 5x7 and smaller. Wouldn't you LOVE to have all your images at your fingertips, they would be great for cards and gifts at Christmas!
Go ahead and mark your calendars for the evening of June 11th at 6pm. This will be our reception, open to all participants and their families, here at the studio, Tiffiney Photography 113 Retreat Street, Westminster. There is also a BBQ and Bluegrass/Blues festival on main street that same weekend for your family to enjoy.
HOW TO VOTE: It's very easy, fill out the GHS giving form here on this blog post, $1 PER VOTE (for instance $100 equals 100 votes!). Make sure you indicate the number of the child you are voting for on your form. This money goes STRAIGHT to GHS and you will receive a receipt from them no matter the amount, big or small, this meaning your gift is TAX DEDUCTIBLE! To see the number of a child click the thumbnail, for the larger view, and look at the bottom of the image. YOU MUST INDICATE THE NUMBER OF THE CHILD, NOT THE NAME, GHS HAS NO IDEA WHO YOU GUYS ARE! You may also bring your money by the studio on Mon, Wed, or Fridays. ALL money, to be counted for a child, must be turned in by Monday the 6th at 5pm, NO exceptions.
*NEW* EARN EXTRA VOTES: You can earn 10 extra votes by blogging about this event on your own blog and/or by posting a link to this blog post on your twitter account and/or facebook page. Each post will earn you 10 points. So if you have a blog, twitter, and facebook you could possibly earn 30 extra points! I must see your post(s), so leave a comment below with a link(s). **if you are a participant and received the information email, you'll earn 10 points for forwarding the email to your friends!!!
WINNERS: There will be 3 top winners. I will post the numbers of those in the lead once after this weekend and before next weekend, which is the final weekend. Parents with more than one child, please read: If one sibling wins, they all win. So you can put your money on one and it will count for all your children.
- FIRST PLACE - Custom styled photo session to be featured in the Upstate Parent Magazine. This pictorial advertisment will represent the studio and the charity event. This session includes hair and makeup provided by Lora of Tangles in Clemson (if a girl wins), and clothing provided by The Grey Goose. Other prizes include: A $50 savings bond provided by Tim Williamson. Rafting tickets provided by Nantahala Outdoor Center. Custom Monogrammed towel perfect for rafting or the beach provided by You Name It. Children's Museum, Greenville Zoo, and Movie tickets provided by Dad's and Lad's of Westminster, and West Union Repair. Goodies from Newt's in Westminster. A $300 Tiffiney Photography gift certificate and 5x7 printable disk.
- SECOND PLACE - Rafting tickets provided by WhiteWater Ltd and a monogramed towel provided by You Name It. Children's Museum Tickets and Greenville Zoo tickets provided by Dad's and Lad's of Westminster and West Union Repair. $50 gift certificate to Lollipop Totz. A pettiskirt provided by Jennifer Ramsey, if it's a girl winner, and a $100 Tiffiney Photography gift certificate and 5x7 printable disk.
- THIRD PLACE - Movie tickets, and a $50 Tiffiney Photography gift certificate and 5x7 printable disk.
Place your vote below!!!
[iframe https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Simple/Donor.asp?ievent=475575&en=otJPKXOMKeLKK5OSJfKKI7MUKrJZK9PQJjIXJaPTKtI9G 785 585]
Thanks to our incredible sponsors who have helped make this ALL possible!
- The Upstate Parent Magazine
- Froggy Oggy Boutique - Jill Ogg
- Hullabaloo Events - Alison Lee - www.hullabalooevents.net
- Nantahala Outdoor Center - www.noc.com - reservations: 800-232-7238
- Wildwater Ltd - www.wildwateradventurecenters.com
- The Grey Goose - www.greygooseonline.com - 17B Conestee Dr, Greenville SC - 864-282-1970
- Lora Gillette - www.tanglesclemson.com - 864-654-7997
- Hotcakes - Kelly Holder - www.hotcakesonline.com
- You Name It - 213 East Windsor St, Westminster SC 29693 - 864-647-4716
- Tim Williamson - Financial Consultant, AXA Advisors LLC - tim.williamson[at]axa-advisors[dot]com - 864-225-2972 - www.tim.williamson.myaxa-advisor.com
- Jennifer Ramsey
- Lollipop Totz - Powdersville, SC - 864.269.5002 - store.lollipoptotz.com - Facebook Page
- Dad's and Lad's - 224 East Main Street, Westminster SC 29693 - 864-647-2394
- West Union Repair - 907 West Union Rd, West Union SC 29696 - 864-638-5913 - Ronnie and Robby Addis
- Newt's Museum and Antique Shop - Westminster SC
- Our Charity Links - Greenville Hospital System and Greenville Hospital System Giving
The Inspiration: My inspiration for this year’s charity event, Rescued by Love, of course continues to be my little girl, Sadie Mae. Her story here, just in case you are new to the blog. It’s been almost 2 years, she is a happy, healthy, thriving little girl. I can’t help but to think of God’s goodness as I watch her learn to climb, use sign language, and play with her Daddy. In January I was thinking about this year’s event, and all the things God has done. I was reading Luke 7:11-15 and was instantly struck by the compassion so surely displayed. I thought for a minute how this related to my life and quickly became overwhelmed…most certain that like the mother in that funeral procession for her son, I too was overcome with grief during Sadie’s birth. Although we never “lost” Sadie Mae we were tiptoeing on the edge of what seemed to be devastating circumstances. It was in this moment that I know, without a doubt, God looked down, saw our tears, and raised her from “impossible” circumstances. He for sure is a God of compassion, and is so willing and ready to rescue us with His love.